Friday, November 28, 2008

T-Mobile Account: Block Spam

I had received several unsolicited messages to my handset. These messages are those which came from four digit service numbers, usually starts with 3###.

I do not have messaging plan so every time I receive this messages I incur 20¢ up from 15¢ since last month. So I called t-mobile (that was like four months ago) and asked them to block SMS (txt messaging) totally. He said that they cannot do that since SMS is an inherent feature of the GSM system. But I had doubts about that.

Just recently I found the answer. I went to my account online (T-Mobile website) and under my account, there is a change plan option. In there you can customize your account to your liking. Some at a cost and some are free. Here’s a screen shot of what I am talking about.



You need to know some account holder specifics to confirm the changes on the account.
I didn’t know when t-mobile added this feature selection. I just came to that page to explore my account…

That’s it!

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment